Top 10 Sims 4 expansion packs: Which expansion packs are really worth it?
Expansion packs are different from other paid DLCs because they expand The Sims 4 instead of just adding smaller content. Since they are expensive, we have provided the top 10 Sims 4 Expaons bundles that are definitely worth buying. The expansion packs on this list add new worlds for your sims to live in, let you experience the game in a whole new way, and provide additional content that will breathe new life into your game.
Which Sims 4 expansion packs are worth it?
There are currently 12 expansion packs available for purchase. We have provided you with the top 10 expansion packs based on their value and unique life experiences of your sims.
- High school years
- Snowy getaway
- Eco-friendly lifestyle
- Become famous
- living on the island
- Set to work
- Living in a cottage
- Cat & Dogs
High school years
Experience high school all over again as your Sim navigates through iconic moments of adolescence like social interactions, puberty, and fun after-school activities. This pack differs from previous Sims entries because you can control your Sim inside school buildings.
- New job: Your Sim can become a Simfluencer or video game streamer as a part-time job.
- New skill: Your Sim can learn entrepreneurial skills, which will help you become better at freelance jobs later in life.
Visit the Japanese-inspired world of Mount Komorebi, where your Sims can enjoy their outdoor life by participating in snow sports. Rental and residential lots meet the needs of your Sims.
- New game mechanic: The new Lifestyle mechanic allows your sims to develop an even deeper personality based on their in-game behaviors. Lifestyle traits will benefit your sims when they engage in specific activities that match their lifestyle.
- New Skills: Your Sim can now participate in mountain sports like hiking, snowboarding, skiing, and sledding.
Work with your neighbors to take care of the different worlds in The Sims 4. You can make community action plans, reuse items, and become a civil engineer in your quest to save the world.
- New game mechanic: The Eco Footprint game mechanic allows for ecological changes in most worlds. The cleaner the world, the more nature thrives.
- New Bundle Traits: These bundle traits will help you on your journey to keep the Sims world as healthy as possible.
Your sims can become famous and live a lavish lifestyle that would make most celebrities jealous. This is the first content release to focus on the celebrity lifestyle since The Sims: Superstar was released nearly 20 years ago.
- New game mechanics: This expansion pack adds the fame and reputation mechanics, which will determine your Sim’s popularity in their career.
- New Career: The acting career is one of the highlights of this expansion pack. Get your start by joining an agency, auditioning for a gig, then watching your sims go through every step of the moviemaking process.
living on the island
Your Sims will live in paradise when they visit the world of Sulani, divided into three different islands. Explore the islands by personal watercraft, meet mermaids and enjoy a barbecue with other residents.
- New world: The world of Sulani is one of the best additions to The Sims 4 out of all the other expansion packs.
- New type of Sim: Mermaids can influence the mood of other Sims by singing songs and they can summon a unique dolphin.
Set to work
If you like the career aspect of The Sims, you’ll want this expansion. The Get to Work expansion adds new careers. A new feature called active careers and new skills add depth to your Sims’ careers.
- New feature: Get To Work has added a new feature called Active Careers, which lets you track your Sim at work and experience a day in the life of your career. Doctors, Detectives, and Scientists are the only careers affected by this feature.
- New type of Sim: This expansion also includes the Alien simulation type. You can interact with an alien in your world, visit their world, or even create an alien in the Create Simulation menu.
Living in a cottage
Cottage Living adds features from favorite games like Stardew Valley and Animal Crossing by letting you live off the land or in a small village. Additionally, you can now farm and there are a wide variety of farm animals for you to take care of, such as chickens, llamas, and cows.
- New animals: Living animals and livestock now live in your world. Live animals like rabbits, foxes, and birds will roam your world, bringing it to life. Additionally, livestock can be raised to produce food for your Sim and their family.
- New Skill: Your Sims can now learn the Cross Stitch skill allowing them to create fun items that can be used, given away or sold. This skill pairs well with the Nifty Knitting item pack, as knitting skills affect how quickly your sims will learn cross stitch.
The Get Together expansion pack is perfect for those social butterfly sims. New features such as clubs add to the social interactions your sims can make. Plus, fun activities like dancing and DJ mixing will make your Sim the life of the party.
- New feature: Get Together adds a new feature called Clubs, which allows up to eight sims to participate in a fun activity together. This works the same as the Outputs function in the previous entries.
- New world: Windenburg is an entertaining European-inspired world specializing in fun activities your Sims can do together.
Cat & Dogs
To finish! Our sims can have cats and dogs as pets. This expansion pack not only lets your sims own pets, but it also lets you design them using a powerful tool called create a pet. This tool allows you to customize your pet and create unique breeds until you create the perfect pet for your sims.
- New animals: You can create your pet and take care of them through three stages of their life: young, adult and elder.
- New feature: The vet clinic serves a dual purpose as a place to care for your pet, and it can be owned by one of your sims as a business.
Seasons is the most popular expansion pack among players. This expansion pack includes seasons, weather conditions, holidays and a revamped calendar. Additionally, this pack adds flavor to the worlds provided by the other expansion packs on this list.
- New feature: Your worlds will now experience different climates, each with its own weather cycles. Weather conditions can directly influence your sims choices, moods, interactions with the world and other sims.
- New feature: Your Sims can now celebrate fully customizable annual holidays. Creating new traditions for your sims to celebrate adds to their lives and generations.
For even more fun, shop the top 10 stuff packs for The Sims 4 on PC.
The Sims 4 is available on PC via the EA app or Origin, Mac via Origin, Steam, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S.