The Sims July 4, 2022 Update & Full Patch Notes
The Sims 4 The July 2022 update released today prepares the game for the next big expansion pack – High School Years.
As always, new features are coming both for those who buy the new bundle and for those who stick with the base version of the game.
And everyone should download The Sims 4th of July update today to stay up to date and continue to access core features.
The Sims July 4, 2022 Update Patch Notes
Today’s Sims 4 July 2022 Update adds plenty of new content that won’t be complete until the next expansion arrives on Thursday, July 28.
However, as mentioned above, this is an update for everyone, even those who stayed with the base game. Some of the more eye-catching changes include an update to the operating system for the phone, which now has a new interface. The good news is that nothing has been removed and customization should now be easier to use.
EA has also confirmed that body hair is now a thing in The Sims 4, including a selection of arm, leg, chest, and back hair for all your teenage Sims and more. These new options can be found in the Body section of Create a Sim.
Other areas of the game have also been expanded in different ways, including Create a Sim, which “now offers more options to support Sims’ sexual orientation.”
According to EA, “Located in the ‘More Details’ section of ‘Customize Gender’, you can now select which gender identities a Sim is romantically attracted to, if the Sim is romantically exploring, and the type of Sim that WooHoo or messing around with if they’re even interested in Woohoo or messing around.
It should be noted that if you do not change these settings, your Sim will retain the default orientation settings known to Sims, which means they will have no inherent attraction to a specific gender, although their attraction may change. during the game, and they woohoo or mess around with any gender.
Other changes added to the game today can be found in the official patch notes shared below:
- Wants and Fears: This base game update replaces Whims and includes a wide selection of Wants your Sims will want to fulfill or Fears they will want to overcome. This feature is enabled by default and you can disable it in the “Gameplay” options menu.
- Curved walls are coming to your construction tool collection! Place and adjust medium, large and extra large curved pieces. Builders who are familiar with decks, fences, and curved platforms will find familiar commands for these new walls. Some doors and windows fit better than others, so to find the ones that work well on those walls, use the new filters “Supports all curved walls” and “Supports large and very large curved walls” in build mode.
- On some PlayStation®4 systems, Eco Lifestyle’s Evergreen Harbor had a lot of glittering objects in the environment. We think we have covered up the problem. If you see it, please let us know and provide information about the PlayStation model and OS version.
- On Xbox, interacting with the chicken coop in Cottage Living no longer causes the cursor to disappear.
- Closing the Notebook interface now also hides its controller legend.
The Sims 4
- Sims can, once again, walk to an open side of the bed that is pushed against the wall.
- Sims reliably deliver food to toddlers via the “Grab a Serving for Me” interaction.
- Organizing a birthday party for a toddler? Sims can now “Compliment Birthday Sim” to complete the party if this objective appears.
- Did you know that your Sims can take care of a need on their own if you click on the need in the Needs panel? Try! Sims with the Clean Trait now clean themselves when you click “Hygiene” instead of cleaning their house.
- The Vault modular counter retains its color under the dirt when dirty.
- Sims run again when using The MotionMonitor Playmat and PrioPerfection Motion Sensor Playmat.
- Both “Save” and “Delete” buttons now appear when hovering over a save slot on the “Save Game” screen.
- Sims can ask about these likes and dislikes without having their own preferences: decor, color, hobbies and skills, and music.
- Since Sims in the same household already know each other, they no longer have the ability to ask questions about different likes and dislikes. “Ask about career” is the only exception.
- When socializing with another Sim, questions related to “Like and Dislike” are now grouped into a category with that name.
- Your Sims went on vacation with another household. You have just learned via a Neighborhood Story notification that they have adopted! This notification is now named after the home world of this household rather than the vacation world.
- Placing a lot from the gallery defaults to its lot type instead of asking to change the location’s lot type.
- When you have a window that lines up with the dotted half-tile mark and the window is as wide as its footprint, you can now place another window like this right next to it.
- Placing a rounded platform in another room now fills the tiling around the curve.
- Placement dragonfly swarm and mosquitoes on ponds now translates to dragonflies and mosquitoes respectively. Bzzzzzzz bzzz….
- Cars seen remotely on low-end computers now look more like cars and less like a beginner carpentry project.
- That screen that appears when you can choose which Sim to do something with the active Sim… we’ve adjusted the header so the longer text doesn’t overlap with your Sim’s portrait.
- This screen also always displays the “Everyone” category when it appears.
- The behind-the-scenes pregnancy tracker has some improvements for better performance and stability.
- We fixed three types of crashes:
- [PS4-only] A case has occasionally occurred on PS4 when saving a bundle to my library.
- One was related to graphics.
- And the most annoying sometimes happened when placing a retail lot containing mannequins. Take that, crash!
- Promotion conditions in the Career panel now have a helpful tooltip.
- The Lot Challenges icon now has a helpful tooltip.
cats and dogs
- These curtains can now be placed around windows: Casual Country Curtains, Cozy Country Curtains, and Charming Country Curtains.
- Gnomes placed from inventory no longer continue to spawn seed packets after Harvestfest ends.
Living on the island
- Kids progress towards their Outdoor Adventurer badge when they catch fish or frogs.
Discover the university
- After changing specialization branches in a career, your Sim now earns the well-deserved rewards of that new career.
- The “Get to Class Early” button now appears one hour before college classes start.
- Sims go to college classes early when directed to their campus.
- What, you don’t want to see books among the ingredients available for the Juice Fizzing station? Well, ok. Loading ingredients now only displays the correct edible ingredients.
- Idle animations for enjoying a soft drink while seated at a table now play correctly.
- Sims can wash off the “Complexion in an explosion!” moodlet with a good shower or bath.
In other news, MultiVersus: How to Unlock Every Character from Batman to Superman