The Sims 4 Werewolves Game Pack: Release Date and Time, Moonwood Mill, More
The Sims 4 Werewolves Game Pack DLC is coming soon, along with Moonwood Mill, a whole new world. Here’s everything we know about The Sims Team Werewolf-themed game pack, complete with trailer, release date, time, features, and screenshots.
The Sims 4 Werewolves game pack will allow fans of occult happenings in the Sims universe to step into the night and howl at the moon, bringing another iconic state of life into the game.
Vampire Sims will have to watch out, because there’s a new nighttime competition on the block – and there’s plenty of new features on the way with the release of The Sims 4 Werewolves.
The Werewolves game pack will be released on PC, Mac and consoles on June 16, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. (Pacific Time) / 6:00 p.m. GMT.
As is the case with DLC releases of this size, according to the list on the original pagethe pack will cost $19.99 / £17.99.
The Sims 4 Moonwood Mill World Map
In the Werewolves game pack, Simmers can step into the misty, moonlit night, complete with the new world of Moonwood Mill.
The full Moonwood Mill map was revealed during the dev team’s livestream, giving us a look at the total five lots in the world:
With three lots built by content creator James Turner, this smaller-sized world features a library, a bar, and two residential lots alongside an empty lot.
With towering trees, Lunvik Lake and dilapidated factory buildings, Moonwood Mill – once an old sawmill – appears to be surrounded by high cliffs in a secluded and remote area.
In the trailer, we were treated to a whole host of new details, including first glimpses of the new Build/Buy and CAS items. Check out some of the screenshots below:
According to official description and the blog post published by EA, the Werewolves game pack will include a host of new items and features. During a hands-off preview event for Werewolves, Dexerto got an additional look at some of the gameplay features coming to the pack, so here’s everything we know so far:
- A new world: moonwood mill; 3 lots were built by content creator James Turner
- A new occult: Werewolves; Sims can become a werewolf through several different methods
- Unique Abilities to unlock like crawling, immortality and lunar resistance
- Unique Temperaments which “distinguish how this Sim’s fury can develop” such as “Wracked With Guilt” and “Frisky”
- ‘Fury’ which builds you up and turns you into a werewolf when it reaches its maximum state
- Unique events focused on wolves
- Join Moonwood Collective or the wild fangs Packs – each with their own personal style, or alternatively, do it alone as ‘Lone wolf’
- Trials must be completed to join them
- Once in a pack, you can use rabbit holes at their meeting place to use their facilities or take resources that pack members have left there, like food
- Books, secret tunnels and story to discover werewolves, vampires and surrounding spellcasters
- New collectibles: Flowers of Luna Fish and Moonpetal; can dig like a werewolf
- The Subway; a network of tunnels to explore to discover secrets and shortcuts; these are different depending on whether your Sim is Human, Vampire, or Werewolf
- New combat animations for vampires and werewolves
- ‘Pack values‘
- Lunar cycles: an update to the base game; different moons affect werewolf Sims and give them buffs – a crescent crescent moon gives increased skill gain for fitness.
- Teenage or older Sims can become a ‘companion of fate‘ with other werewolves. Freezes romance decay and increases romance loot gains, as well as a chance for an “Enamored” feeling in short team
- ‘Not Mean To Be’ moodlet occurs if a Sim with a “Fated Mate” has romantic interactions with other Sims
- Unlink Werewolf Form from a Sim of its human variant to create a unique appearance
- Customize a Werewolf Howl
- A painting tool which works the same way as the one for cats and dogs; a stencil function to add scars and so on to their coat
- scars for your Sims
- Torn clothes
- Different variant coat colorsfrom neutral colors to more eccentric designs
The Sims 4 Werewolves Trailer
If you want to take a look at everything featured in the game pack trailer, we’ve embedded it below – giving you a first taste of what you can do when Werewolves arrives on release day. .
Typically, before a game pack is released, the Maxis development team will host a live stream showing a hands-on preview of all the exciting new content that’s in store.
On June 10, 2022 at 11:00 a.m. PT / 7:00 p.m. BST, you can head to the official Sims Twitch and YouTube channels where you’ll get a glimpse from Sim Gurus of what you can do. If you want to catch up after the stream ends, we’ve embedded it below for your convenience:
That’s all you need to know about the new The Sims 4: Werewolves game pack! Want to create a simoleon mother lode? Be sure to check out our guides:
How To Make Money Fast In The Sims 4 | Best Sims 4 Mods To Download In 2022 | The Sims 4 tips for PC and console | Everything we know about The Sims 5 | Sims 4 Moonlight Chic & Little Campers Kit Review