The Sims 4 Rags to Riches Challenge Goals, Rules, and More
Challenges in The Sims 4 are a great way to add rules and objectives to gameplay and inject originality into the game between expansion pack releases. The Sims 4 The rags to riches challenge is one of the most popular, often picked up by Sims content creators. For a full rundown of the challenge and its rules, read here.
Sims 4 Rags to Riches Challenge Objectives
The Sims 4 The Rags to Riches Challenge has players starting with a limited amount of money. The goal is to create as many simoleons as possible, from humble beginnings to eventual luxury and wealth.
There are many variations of the challenge, with some opting for more extreme rules and starting the game with zero money, collecting collectibles at the start of the save to create those first simoleons. The challenge has the following objectives:
- Have a fully furnished house with at least three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen, a dining room, an office with a computer and an outdoor garden with a swimming pool.
- Pay an additional 500 Simoleons to start building the house.
- Reach level five handling and level three logic.
- Once you move on to building the garden, reach level seven in maneuverability and level five in gardening skill.
- Having a family and eventually becoming a grandparent.
- Complete an aspiration for your sim, spouse, and children.
- Have a house worth at least 100,000 simoleons
- Have at least 200,000 Simoleons in reserve, with the ultimate goal of reaching 1 million.
- Have a career and reach 100,000 simoleons in that career.
- Maximize your little one’s skills before you age them.
- Children must reach level five in a skill with perfect marks or reach level ten in a skill.
- Teenagers must reach level five in two skills and maintain a part-time job or reach level ten in two skills.
Sims 4 Rags to Riches Challenge Rules
Here are the standard rules for the Rags to Riches challenge, optimal for those new to the challenge.
- Challenge 1,000 Simoleons
- No money cheats allowed
- No house to start, start on an empty lot
- No mods or other cheats
- Don’t use build mode to add beds or other utilities to public lots, they should be used as is (e.g. you should use public benches for sleeping if you don’t have a bed, don’t not place on the ground with construction mode).
- You can only stay in sim houses you are friends with and one day a week
- You need to complete the goals for the kids before aging them, for example, you can only age the toddlers after you max out their skills.
- Sims you marry must also start with nothing, withdraw their property or money before joining them in the household.
- Pay 500 Simoleons to the “bank” before you start building a house.
- Pay 500 Simoleons to the “bank” before you start building a garden.
- You must have started building a house before you are allowed to find a job.
- Your house must be under construction before you start laying out a garden.
- You must have a house under construction or built before you can marry another sim.
- You must pay for and arrange all weddings for Sims in your family.
If you need to withdraw money at the start of your game, you can use a money cheat. To do this, type ‘testingcheats on’ in the cheat box, then type ‘money x’. Replace the ‘x’ with a ‘0’ if you wish to set your household funds to zero. You can also use the free real estate cheat if you want to start on any land at the start of the game.
The Sims 4: Extreme Poor to Rich Rules
In addition to the standard challenge rules, these are optional rules that you can also follow if you want to play the extreme rags to riches challenge.
- Have at least three children
- Reach level ten in your sim’s career and spouse’s career.
- Start the challenge on zero simoleons.
- Aim to make a mansion more than just a house and decorate it with the most expensive items from each furniture category.
- Maximize your relationship with your children.
- Complete every type of party and earn gold in every event.
- Purchase one of every lifetime rewards for a Sim, excluding potions.
- Make your family worth a million simoleons.
- Having twins or triplets
- Read all books in the game
- Reach level five of every skill in the game.
- Organize five weddings.