The Sims 4 Jul 27, 2021 Update 1.45 Patch Notes
A new update for The Sims 4 slides on PC and consoles. Released today, July 27, 2021, Update 1.45 brings fixes to a few frustrating issues. There’s no new content on offer, but there’s some good news to be found in the Sims 4 update 1.45 patch notes featured below.
The Sims 4 Update 1.45 – July 27, 2021 Patch Notes
The July 27, 2021 update for The Sims 4 is a small one. Patch 1.45 is primarily aimed at fixing a few bugs, including fixing issues introduced with the Cottage Living expansion. Update 1.45 fixes in particular the impossibility of accepting Gigs and stray animals.
That’s right, there’s really nothing new to offer here. The team made sure the Cottage Living expansion appeared under the correct area of the menu for PlayStation users and ensured that the price was correctly reflected on Xbox. Sims with gig-based careers can actually accept gigs now, which is pretty significant, and Zoomers Food Delivery folks will actually deliver food as promised.
Otherwise, there really isn’t much to unpack. Here are the full Sims 4 patch notes for update 1.45, released on July 27, 2021. Note that console version 1.45 matches PC version 188.8.131.520 and Mac version 184.108.40.2060.
- Before telling you about the bug fixes we made in this update, I wanted to mention that in the latest patch notes, there was a slight error in referring to gallery improvements and downloading a lot of things with the bb.moveobjects cheat. For players, this actually means that you don’t have to manually enable the cheat before placing a bundle from the gallery so that the items are exactly where the creator placed them. Sorry for the confusion!
- Oh! And if you’re worried about Trophies and/or Achievements, this buff doesn’t hurt either.
- For Simmers on PlayStation, Cottage Living now appears among the expansion packs in the “Packs” section of the main menu. We also re-entered Cats & Dogs there as it also got lost.
- For Simmers on Xbox, Cottage Living now displays its price on its info page from the main menu. Cats & Dogs and My First Pet Stuff are also back and now take you to the bundle’s page on the Microsoft Store instead of a page that says it was unavailable.
The Sims 4
- Actors, set designers, and freelancers all… Sims in gig-based careers can once again accept gigs from the Career Panel to earn those valuable Simoleons. Do it werrrrk!
- Zoomers Food Delivery has trained its Zoomers delivery people (or are they Zoomies? Think about it!) to ACTUALLY deliver the food that Sims have ordered. We apologize for all those missed meals.
Cats & Dogs
- Pets in pre-existing households are now back with their households. Their absence just wasn’t fair – Pets are as much a part of the home as ghosts…just to say.
living on the island
- New mermaids no longer lose their tail and hydration bar while swimming. For mermaids created between the previous update and this one, you can restore their “mermaid” by eating Mermadic Kelp to become human and eating it again to become a mermaid. You can also use the “traits.equip_trait trait_OccultMermaid_TYAE” cheat as a workaround.
Problems with mods? Be sure to check out our guide on how to fix UI Cheats extension in The Sims 4. We also have details on why you didn’t see the game coming to Switch.