The Sims 4: How to Have Twins
Having a Sim get pregnant in The Sims 4 is a fairly straightforward process, although if the player wants twins things will be a bit more difficult.
The Sims 4 allows players to build the life they want for their Sims. This includes everything from building the perfect sims Cottagecore house to have as many babies per family as a player could want. While it’s fairly easy to get a Sim pregnant in-game, it’s much harder to ensure the Sim will conceive two babies.
For a family to have babies in The Sims 4, they will need a romantic partner of the correct sex to conceive. Players can also adopt in-game children for their Sims. However, if someone wants their Sim to naturally have twins or even triplets in their game, they can take a few steps to make it more likely that twins or even triplets will be born.
Updated on December 1, 2021 by Anastasia Maillot: Thanks to challenges like the 100 babies challenge, having twins or even triplets has become a major goal for many Simmers. Since these things are usually random, it’s not an easy task either, unless a few extra features are used to increase the likelihood of having twins. In addition to those already included in this guide, a few more tips have been added to make getting twins in The Sims 4 easier for players.
Twins in The Sims 4
There is a small chance that any pregnancy in The Sims 4 will end up with twins; the chance of having twins is about 10% while the chance of having triplets is about 1%. But just as players can influence the chances of having a boy or a girl, they can also increase the chances of multiple births. There are a few methods to increase those numbers and get those twins.
- Players can buy a fertile rewardavailable in the Rewards Shop for 3,000 points.
- In the spa day game pack, players can get a fertility massage at a spa.
- Also in the spa day Game Pack, Boost a Sim’s Wellness Skills Until They Can Give Massages, Then Do It give the Sim who wants twins a fertility massage. Players will need to own a massage table for this to be an option.
- In the To live in town expansion pack, a new batch trait called On The Ley Line boosts fertility for Sims in the field. There is also a similar trait for Vampire Sims.
- the romantic garden stuff Pack adds a wishing well, which can also increase a Sim’s fertility.
- outdoor retreat The Herbalism skill introduces a powerful potion called the Elixir of Fertility, which specifically boosts the chances of having twins or triplets. A Sim must be level 10 in herbalism to cook it and will need 3 morels, 2 false morels, 1 dust spirit, and 1 blackberry.
At the moment, these are the only things players can do in The Sims 4 to increase their chances of having Sim twins or triplets unless they want to enable cheats.
How the Twin Cheat works in The Sims 4
In order to trick a Sim into having two, three, four, five or even six babies at once, cheats will need to be enabled in The Sims 4. Once a Sim is pregnant, collect their ID card with their first and last name. This can be obtained by typing:
- sims.get_sim_id_by_name first name last name
After that, force additional babies using this cheat:
- pregnancy.force_offspring_count SIM ID NUMBER OF BABIES
- Example: pregnancy.force_offspring_count 1341302010235 5 would force Sim ID 1341302010235 to have 5 babies at the same time.
If players used this cheat, it is best to let the pregnancy take the natural play time to end. Stacking the pregnancy speed cheat on top of the multiple birth cheat can cause issues in-game. That said, pregnancy mods in The Sims 4 should work fine with this cheat.
Source: Carl’s Sims 4 Guides
The Sims 4 is available now for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
MORE: The Sims 4: How to Earn Money (Without Cheating)
In order to do anything in The Sims 4, players will need to find a way to earn money. Here are some of the best ways without cheating.
About the Author