The Sims 4 cheats: best cheat codes for PS4, Xbox One and PC
Using The Sims 4 Cheats can really spice things up, especially if you’ve been playing for years and things are starting to feel outdated.
While there’s undoubtedly a lot to do in the base game, there are times when it’s a lot more fun to take things into your own hands in The Sims 4. And that’s where the cheats come in.
By using cheat codes, you can set up your own unique challenges, have better control over scenarios, add more complex functions to existing game mechanics, or simply remove obstacles in build-buy mode to make life a bac unlimited sand without having to worry. about stupid grid rules. Even if you don’t have a specific goal in mind, everyone can benefit from having bonus Simoleons to work through.
And hey, who doesn’t want a complete Sim with rocket scientist, gardener, violinist, and flower arranger skills? Nobody, who is it.
To help you avoid the boredom of testing cheats for yourself, we’ve rounded up the best Sims 4 cheats for the classic PS4, Xbox One, and PC versions of the game so you can improve the game with some sneaky cheat codes. whatever the platform. you use.
The Sims 4 tips for console and PC
The Sims 4 Cheats: How to Open The Sims 4 Cheat Console
To get into any of the cheats we have included here, you will first need to open the Sims 4 cheat console. Opening the Sims 4 cheat console is quite simple on all platforms.
On PC, hold Ctrl, Shift then press C. A white bar should appear in the upper left corner of your screen, allowing you to type.
On Mac, hold Command, Shift and then press C. A white bar should appear in the upper left corner of your screen, allowing you to type.
If you’re playing The Sims 4 on PS4, you need to hold down all four shoulder buttons at the same time. The same white bar will appear at the top left of your screen and allow you to type.
If you’re playing The Sims 4 on Xbox One, you also need to hold down all four shoulder buttons simultaneously. The white bar will appear at the top left of your screen and allow you to type.
The Sims 4 cheats: Testingcheats true
It should be noted that in some cases, and in many cases for consoles, you will need to enter the cheat ‘testingcheats true’ in order to use other tricks. It’s worth going in first, just in case. However, if you want to disable this feature, just enter ‘false testingcheats’ in the command console.
‘Test true cheat’ also unlocks some cheats without filling up the command console. For example, clicking on a Sim will allow you to do things like change their needs or respond to their motivations. On PS4 this can be done by holding O and pressing X, while on Xbox One it can be done by holding A and pressing B.
Additionally, enabling cheats on console will make Xbox Achievements and PlayStation Trophies obsolete – but a pop-up will appear on screen notifying you of this.
The Sims 4 Tips: Debugging Tips
A while ago, The Sims 4 received an overhaul which brought a new set of cheats for players to use.
By entering the following cheats into the cheat console (with ‘testingcheats true’ enabled)you will be able to access the debugging elements:
This should allow you to access the debugging items. In other words, you should be able to access items that are usually locked.
To access these items, type “debug” in the search bar in build mode. You’ll then see a bunch of items that you usually can’t access, mostly public lot items that you can’t access on your house lot – maybe you want a public toilet in your bathroom? We are not here to judge.
This cheat is also particularly useful for skills such as fishing, as you can simply place a fishing board in your backyard and practice your casting in the grass.
The Sims 4 Tips: Build Mode Tips
Enter one of the following codes into the cheat console to activate the associated cheat.
- bb.moveobjects on/off – Merge objects and place them anywhere without restrictions
- bb.showhiddenobjects – Shows all previously hidden items such as buried objects
- bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement – All building elements are unlocked
Also, with ‘testingcheats true’ enabled, you can use some simple cheat shortcuts.
- Shift + C + click on the roof – Customize your roof
- Shift + ]- Increase size of selected object
- Shift + [ – Decrease Size of selected object
The Sims 4 cheats: Skill cheats
You can increase your Sims skills pretty simply with cheats. All you need to do is enter ‘stats.set_skill_level (skillname) (level from 1-10)’.
So if I wanted to make my Gourmet Cooking level 9, for example, I would enter stats.set_skill_level Major_GourmetCooking 9.
Here’s a list of all the skill names you need to know:
The Sims 4 cheats: life and death cheats
Master the art of life itself with these tried and tested cheats to make you truly invincible. Trigger special deaths , resurrect your friends, and spawn yourself a bunch of triplets – even without The Sims 2’s Tombstone of Life & Death, these cheats are the definition of god-mode.
- sims.add_buff buff_pregnancy_trimester1 – Make Sim pregnant in first trimester
- sims.add_buff buff_pregnancy_trimester2 – Make Sim pregnant in second trimester
- sims.add_buff buff_pregnancy_trimester3 – Make Sim pregnant in third trimester
- sims.add_buff buff_pregnancy_inlabor – Make Sim go into labor (will have a fake birth if you buy a bassinet)
To have twins (or more) you first need to get your Sim’s ID by entering ‘sims.get_sim_id_by_name (Sim’s name here)’ into the cheat console. This will give you a long number to write down.
Next, activate the cheat console and type in ‘pregnancy.force_offspring_count (Sim ID here) (number of babies wanted)’.
- sims.add_buff buff_death_electrocution_warning – Death while fixing electrical item
- sims.add_buff buff_death_elderexhaustion_warning – Death after working out
- sims.add_buff buff_mortified – Death by embarrassment
- sims.add_buff buff_motives_hunger_starving – Death by starvation
- stats.set_stat commodity_Buff_BurningLove_StartFire 7 – This increases the chances of starting a fire by 15%, keep using it to make sure Sim starts a fire and then perishes in it
- sims.add_buff buff_Hysterical – Death by laughter
- sims.add_buff buff_Enraged – Death by rage
- traits.equip_trait Vampire_Sun – Kills vampires and normal Sims
- traits.equip_trait poison – Death by poison
- traits.equip_trait Ghost_Frozen – Turns Sim into Ghost if they died in cold weather
- traits.equip_trait Ghost_Overheat – Death by overheating
When someone dies, you can press ‘Shift’ and click on the Grim Reaper to add him to your household. You then can play as the Grim Reaper.
The Sims 4 cheats: interaction cheats
Once you have activated ‘testingcheats true’, its probably a good idea to also activate Create-A-Sim abilities by entering ‘cas.fulleditmode’ into the cheat console. This will allow you to alter objects and Sims in the world during livetime rather than having to be playing as the desired Sim and editing them from the CAS menu.
To bring up the following options on PC, hold Shift and click on the Sim or object.
If you’re playing on PS4, press and hold O, then press X, then click on the object or Sim. For Xbox One, press and hold B, then press A, followed by clicking on the Sim or object.
Clicking on a Sim will allow them to be modified. You can do pretty much anything except for changing their name and inherited traits, such as resetting them, adding them to a different family, and fully replenishing their Needs bars.
Clicking on an object will allow it to be rest, while dirty items can be made clean – or vice versa, in case you want your Sims to live in a pigsty you evil overlord, you.
Finally, clicking on the mailbox brings up the option to reset it and clicking on the ground allows you to teleport your Sim to that area.
The Sims 4 cheats: Relationship cheats
Enter any of the following codes into the cheat console to activate the cheat associated:
- modifyrelationship [First name of the first sim] [Last name of the first sim] [First name of the second sim] [Last name of the second sim] [Number] Friendship_Hand – Increase or decrease the friendship between two Sims. The number is a percentage. To decrease, add minus in front of the number.
- modify the relationship [First name of the first sim] [Last name of the first sim] [First name of the second sim] [Last name of the second sim] [Number] Romance_Main – Increase or decrease the romance between two Sims. The number is a percentage. To decrease, add minus in front of the number.
The Sims 4 Tips: Miscellaneous Tips
Enter one of the following codes in the cheat console to activate the associated cheat:
- mother lode – 50,000 Simoleons
- kaching/rosebud – 1000 simoleons
- FreeReal Estate [on/off] – Enter during the neighborhood screen and it makes all houses free
- fire.toggle [on/off] – Authorize or prohibit fires
- Death.toggle – Disable Death
- resetSim [FirstName] [LastName] – Reset Sim
- title effects[on/off] – Hides all Plumbobs, Thought Bubbles, etc.
- households.autopay_bills – Pay bills automatically
- ui.dialog.auto_respond – Automatically makes dialog choices
- aspirations.complete_current_milestone – Completes the current suction stage
- careers.demote[name of career] – Demotion in chosen career
- careers.promote[name of career] – Promotion in chosen career
- careers.remove_career[name of career] – Give up your career
- crafting.shorten_phases – Faster manufacturing
- sims.fill_all_commodities – Fulfill Products for a Sim
- stats.fill_commodities_household – Complete products for all Sims in the household
- sims.modify_funds [amount] – Add a specified fund amount
- sims.remove_all_buffs – Removes moods
- sims.spawnsimple[number of Sims desired] – Spawns a specified number of Sims
- sims.give_satisfaction_points[number of points desired] – Award Happiness Points to Sims
- bb.moveobjects – Move objects outside of their defined range (e.g. let elements overlap)