The Sims 2 Cheats | GamesRadar+
Using these The Sims 2 cheats will unlock unlimited simoleons, change the look of the game, and do all sorts of additional things to help you and your Sims. It’s an old game and if you’ve run out of all the things you can do naturally in the game, why not go crazy with some Sims 2 cheats and codes to spice things up a bit.
As you can see from the bar on the side, we have cheats for The Sims 2 on PC, PS2, Xbox, Gamecube and more. So no matter what you’re playing, you can have a little fun.
And, if you’re looking to play one of the newer games, we’ve also covered The Sims 3 cheats and The Sims 4 cheats.
The Sims 2 cheat
To open the cheat window in The Sims 2, press CTRL, Shift and ‘C’. Once it’s open, you can type any of the cheats below to get the listed effects.
- Kashing: Adds 1,000 Simoleons to your bank account.
- mother lode: Adds 50,000 Simoleons.
- AddneighbortoFamilyCheat [on/off]: With this cheat enabled, you can Shift + Left Click on an NPC to add one to the current household. This won’t work on service NPCs engaged in their work, like the maid and the like, but it will work if that same NPC is visiting socially or hanging out after work. You can even add sims beyond the usual 8 sim limit for families. This cheat does not work on NPCs like Grim Reaper or Ms. Crumplebottom.
- Force-twins: With a pregnant sim selected, using this cheat turns the pregnancy into a twin birth.
- Plumbobtoggle [on/off]: Makes the aerial plumb line (the diamond thing above their heads) invisible.
- boolProp snapObjectsToGrid [true or false]: Snap items to the grid in the game.
- boolprop enablepostprocessing true/false: Moviemaking Help – Must be true for all of the movie tips below to work.
- mailbox (0.0-0.4): Creates a mailbox view of the specified size. First you need to enter “boolprop enablepostprocessing true”.
- film grain (0-1) Film grain: Creates film grain. First you need to enter the “boolprop enablepostprocessing true” cheat.
- thumbnail (centrex center X): Creates a cinematic look in which a focal point is clear but everything around it is blurry. First you need to enter the “boolprop enablepostprocessing true” cheat.
- Enable/disable objects: Move objects
- boolprop lotWater [true or false]: Creates lots of water, and you can set to false to remove water (ponds) from lots.
- boolprop displayDistrictWater [true or false]: Neighborhood water. Set to false to remove water from the neighborhood.
- boolprop displayLotImposters [true or false]: Set to false to remove house graphics from the neighborhood.
- boolprop displayDistrictRoutes [true or false]: Neighborhood roads
- intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims [number]: Use in the neighborhood screen to invite more guests to a party
- to help [cheat command]: Show information about the indicated cheat
- removeAllCharacters: Use in Neighborhood View to remove All Sims
- Enable/disable BlendLimits: Disable DNA mixing
- intprop censorgridsize: 0 Set to 8 to return to normal.
- bloom (rgbx): Bloom effect where everything is so bright it blurs (sitcom-like flashbacks) “r” “g” and “b” are color values (0-255) and “x” is bloom amount of 0 at 255.
- boolprop lotTerrainLighting [true or false]: Lot lighting. Set to false and lots will not light up when highlighted in the neighborhood.
- boolprop lotTerrainPaints [true or false]: Lot field paints. Set to false to remove ground paint from the terrain.
- boolprop displayDistrictRoutesWithModel [true or false]: Neighborhood bridges. Set to false to remove neighborhood bridges.
- boolprop displayDistrictFlora [true or false]: Neighborhood plants. Set to false to remove nearby trees/plants
- boolprop displayNeighborhoodProps [true or false]: Neighborhood accessories. Set to false to remove props such as rocks and towers from the neighborhood
- type of terrain desert/temperate: Change land. This can only be used in the neighborhood view and toggles between 2 terrain types.
- Slow motion [0-8]: Slow motion. 0 is normal speed and 8 is the slowest.
- develop: Expand console window
- StretchingSkeleton [number]: Stretch the size of the SIM card to the number. 1.0 is normal size
- Vsync enabled/disabled: Disabling it improves game performance, but with graphical errors.
- to help: Show cheat help
- removeallcharacters: Delete district
- aging on/off: Aging
- go out: Leave the game
- Autopatch on/off: This allows the game to automatically search for game patches.
The Sims 2 PS2 Tips
Pause the game to enter cheats. First you must enter the gnome cheat!
- L1, R1, Up, X, R2 – Unlock Gnome (enter first)
- R1, L1, R2, Right, Left – Give Money (9,999)
- Circle, L2, Left, Circle, Up, Circle – Unlock all bundles
- Circle, Square, L1, Up, Down – Advance the clock 6 hours
- Triangle, Circle, Square, R2, Left – Set skill level
- Up, Circle, Up, Right, L2 – Fill all patterns
- R2, Square, Up, Down, Right, X – Unlock all recipes
- Square, R2, Down, Right, Square – Unlock all clothes
- L2, Circle, Down, Left, Up – Unlock all items
- R1, L1, R1, L1, Triangle – Horn audio
The Sims 2 Xbox Tips
The master code to have to be entered first to spawn the cheat gnome. Then go up to the gnome and press A to activate it.
- master cheat – L, R, D-Pad up, A, Black
- Max all patterns – D-Pad Up, B, D-Pad Up, D-Pad Right, White
- Move forward 6 hours in time – B, X, L, D-Pad up, D-Pad down
- Modifies any Sims skill – Y, B, X, Black, D-Pad Left
- Give the household 10,000 – R, L, black, D-Pad right, D-Pad left
- Unlock all story mode locations – B, white, D-Pad left, B, D-Pad up, B
- Unlock all items – White, B, D-Pad Down, D-Pad Left, D-Pad Up
- Unlock all recipes – Black, X, D-Pad up, D-Pad down, D-Pad right, A
- Unlock all clothes – X, black, D-Pad down, D-Pad right, X
Cheats The Sims 2 Gamecube
During the game, press L, R, UP, A, Z. The cheat trophy will appear and the following cheats can now be activated.
- 9,999 simoleons – Press R, L, Z, Right, Left. Now select the cheat trophy and press give simoleons.
- All objects – Press B, X, Down, Left, Up. Editor’s note: Also saved as Z, X, Down, Left, Up.
- Set skill level – Press Y, X, B, Z, Left. Select the cheat trophy and select the skill you want to set.
The Sims 2 PSP Tips
At any time in the game, press the select button and go to the perks screen and go buy perks. you will see a selection of Perks that you can purchase. hold the L, R, and Square buttons for 3 seconds. A new perk will appear with an image of a purple heart called cheat.