Release date, trailers, gameplay and more
The Sims The community has been anticipating further high school expansion for their teenagers for some time. With recent teaser content and trailers, Maxis has confirmed that the expansion will be called The Sims 4: High School Years. For everything we know so far, including gameplay, trailers, release date, and more, read on.
- Read our Sims 4 Werewolves review to see if the latest game pack is worth buying or if it’s worth waiting for the High School Years pack instead.
From the trailer and after EA announcements we know the following features will be included in the new High School Years expansion:
- Promposals (ask sims to prom with a romantic gesture)
- Prom (this includes new formal dresses and suits)
- Vote for prom king/queen
- A new carnival area called Plumbite Pier (which will include a Ferris wheel, love tunnel and haunted house attraction)
- photo booths
- New objects to customize teenage rooms
- Class game
- Customizable high schools
- New alternative and preppy clothing
- Weekly exams
- Pillow fight interaction
- New interaction with teenagers in their bedroom
- New Stealth Out-of-Home Interaction for Teens
- Lunch in the cafeteria
- Other extracurricular activities include football, chess and computer club
- science fair
- The ball will be customizable, with options to decorate
- Teens will be able to experience romance, complete with crushes
Given the success of the high school and prom mods, we can assume this pack will be extremely popular among sim gamers. The possibility of accompanying your children to high school instead of seeing them disappear has been demanded for several years now. As it stands, the parenting game pack is one of the most popular with sims players wanting to have more realistic gameplay when playing with a family of sims.
The new pier area appears to house a haunted house attraction, Ferris wheel and food stalls. It will be an awesome prospect to have your sims ride the Ferris wheel, only time will tell if it will be fully interactive.
The high school will be called Copperdale High and will be fully customizable. Copperdale is located near Lake LaSuli and is described by EAfor having once been an old mining town.
Like previous Werewolves and Snowy Escape packs, Maxis worked with community creators on the design of some of the bundles featured in the new world of Copperdale.
There will be a free base game update with the expansion that will allow base game players to use body hair as well as other teased gameplay features, which have yet to be announced. The base game update will premiere via Twitch on July 15. Stay tuned for more details.
- Read our Sims 4 how to have twins guide, to prepare yourself in time for the new high school pack and make sure the twins go to school.
The Sims 4: High School Years is set to arrive on all platforms on July 28, 2022.
- For more Sims 4 content, read our Sims 4 item rotation guide, for how to rotate items in build and buy mode and for other build mode tips.