Latest Sims 4 April 2021 Update: Official EA Patch Notes
It’s been a while, but there’s a new update for The Sims 4 base game releasing on Tuesday. As is usually the case, the update is expected to go live at 7:00 p.m. SAST (10:00 a.m. PT). Another one Inside Maxis Live will follow at 8:00 p.m. SAST (11:00 a.m. PT) with Sim Gurus walking through the patch and previewing what’s coming to the game.
But if you’re hoping for announcements about upcoming packs on this stream, that’s not going to happen. Sim Guru Frost, global community manager for The Sims, said on Twitter that Inside Maxis will not be used as “a platform to announce paid DLC”, adding, “I want to make sure we keep our expectations under control”.
So the one burning question many gamers will still have is what the next Sims 4 pack will be. There have been a few suggestions that it could be werewolves – and everyone will be looking for clues in the April update and patch notes since Inside Maxis won’t reveal anything and The Sims 4 likely won’t release a roadmap for the coming year.
As always, we’ll be keeping a close eye on the update and patch notes and will share all the details here as they arrive and update this paragraph accordingly. The patch is available now on console and PC (7:02 PM SAST) and weighs in at just over 300MB.
Despite some suggestions that body hair might finally be coming to The Sims 4, the patch was largely focused on bug fixes. Two new hairstyles have also been added for the base game, but that’s about it and you can find the patch notes below.
Official Patch Notes for The Sims 4 Base Game Update April 2021
The official patch notes for the latest The Sims 4 update will appear below as they become available, and will be pulled verbatim from The Sims official site. The only changes concern style and brevity.
Today we bring you a small but neat update, we hope you all enjoy it!
We also hope you are all doing well wherever you are in the world, and thank you again for your continued support and feedback.
Chaucitos – Dag Dag!
In Create a Sim, we’ve updated two hairstyles and converted them for use with kids and toddler Sims as well.
First we have the beautiful pfHair_EF30TightCurls, cfHair_EF30TightCurls, and yfHair_EF30TightCurls as pictured below, including how it would look if worn on a male frame pictured as ymHair_EF30TightCurls.
Then we illustrated below including how it would look if worn on a female frame shown like yfHair_ShortTextured.
This author wants to apologize for his terrible photoshop skills by putting them side by side. Very sorry…lots of photoshop! Get better!
Now on to the fixes…
The Sims 4
- Fixed an issue where in gallery preview pop-ups, Build Mode objects now display correctly under the “Show Used Items” panel. Accuracy is the best policy…in this case.
- We’ve made some changes to some career and school-related tooltips to be consistent and clearer for Sims.
- The cradleObject_GENBook is no longer visible to Simmers, it wasn’t supposed to be…it wasn’t a pretty book. We didn’t like doing it!
- Some DEBUG circular menu options, including some from Discover University and Snowy Escape, have been translated. We haven’t translated them, well forever…because they were DEBUG and only accessible with a specific cheat, but we are working on it as we go. Thank you for your reports and your patience!
- We found out that Sims were getting uncomfortable when collecting water…we didn’t really understand why, so we decided not to make them uncomfortable. Let them feel what they want to feel, I say.
- Ghost Sims will now appear as ghosts in CAS. There were times when they made us take a second look there, but nope, it’s ghosts and ghosts they will display. I think I saw it as a plot for a movie… Ghosts… a machine, a dance… HOWEVER.
- As always, this editor and the localization team have made some adjustments and perfected some of the in-game text in all previous packs and updates. #You understand
- The social panel will no longer default to the wrong tab. What tab was I on? Now I will always know.
To live in town
- Vegetarian Sims will no longer mistakenly eat non-vegetarian leftovers from the fridge. Not funny guys!
- Fixed an issue that did not let the DigiRAD The keyboard plays a sound when you choose auto-play keyboard.
cats and dogs
- Look, I think every species – well, everyone – has the right to find love. But we had to solve an issue with female cats coming into heat despite being neutered. Despite everything, I hope that my adorable neutered feline females will always find love there.
- Oh the rain, such a poetic moment of nature. Sitting comfortably with a blanket and a cup of coffee watching the world go by with the melodious sound of raindrops lightly falling on the floor…wait…is that a Sim showering outside? Yes indeed! Rain showering is possible in light rain conditions.
- Likewise, Shower in the Rain has been fixed for Simmers who have installed Eco Lifestyle, making the most of all available resources!
- All soaps used are biodegradable – we promise!
- The Fish Dinner will now be counted towards completing the Grand Meal holiday events.
- Create a Sim Asset yfBody_EP10Denim Coat will no longer cause problems with all tall boots. Although these boots were made for walking, the dress must also look fabulous. My opinion, supposedly.
- Child Sims will no longer get the Unblessed sentiment after being blessed at the Festival of Youth. Children should only get the Unblessed sentiment if they ask Yamachan about a Void Creature Hunt and also avoid getting the Blessing of Youth from an adult Sim. #Blessed
- Extreme sports enthusiasts will now be able to ski or snowboard at high intensity on intermediate or expert slopes. Good luck!
- Recipes from this pack will now appear when unlocking Gourmet Cooking skill tiers. Especially levels 3 and 5. Yum.
- Sims no longer freeze when performing interactions from a computer at Mount Komorebi, specifically 2-4-2 Wakabamori. I think I saw that in a movie once… but… I had a less happy ending.
Discover the university
- Fixed an issue where the Mental Magister trait icon appeared to be a placeholder icon. Where was it?
- Progressing in the legal career will now unlock promotions appropriately. Keep up the good work!
- Fixed an issue where the Moodlet Making with a Mentor icon was not displaying the correct icon.
- Eco Lifestyle specific traits are now added to club picks if Sims have Get Together installed.
- Collecting scarab nuggets will now be possible when the scarabs are ready. Enjoy your meal.
- Veggie Dogs and Hot Dogs can once again be roasted in Campfires. Iconic.
- Is your vampire Sim tired of drinking the same plain old plasma? Do they drink it to the point that they can’t tell if it’s Plasma? Ugh, such a tough diet, right? I understand…um…Vampire Sims will now have a more varied diet of fish, frog, and yes…regular plasma when left to fend for themselves.
- Tiny Homes will no longer be magically clean and Dust Bunnies will disappear (if Simmers own Bust the Dust) when Sims travel or Simmers reload the game. Man, I wish my apartment would get magically clean like this.
- Fixed an issue where the expiration timer for items listed on Plopsy was not appearing.
- Haunted House residential lots will now benefit from the presence of Dust Bunnies and Fiends if the Simmers also have Bust the Dust. Dust Bunny goes Boooooo.
Break the dust
- Your Sims had a lot to do today, but do you know what they did instead? They vacuumed the grounds. It was a very good cleaning. Food? Aspirated the Lot. This gig? Aspirated the Lot. What about those pumps? Aspirated the Lot. Reading? Aspirated the Lot. Are you looking at this bug? We took the time for this. The end of this bug? Released with this patch. Sims will no longer randomly abandon their queued tasks for vacuuming.
Antoinette is a recovering journalist. She is a multiple winner of the SAB Sports Journalist of the Year award and finds it strange to write about herself in the third person. Unless she’s playing herself in The Sims.