July 31 patch makes the gallery so much better
Usually patches are just a long list of bug fixes, but sometimes sims players are lucky. It’s one of those days. So far this year, we’ve had toddlers, glass roofs, and an all-new Create-A-Sim in free updates. Today, the gallery interface has undergone a complete overhaul.
“This is something we’ve been working on for a while and it’s the first step in continuing to improve the Gallery to make it an amazing platform for this community to share their creations,” the producer writes. Principal Grant Rodiek in the July 31 Patch Notes. “Our goal with the Gallery is to focus on creators creating amazing content and to make content easier to download.”
Batch design is where sims players can really use their imagination and creativity. It takes patience and hours and hours to make the most of the design tools and build amazing homes. Players who don’t like spending all that time often head to the gallery where generous players upload their creations. Players can share Sims, Pets, Households, Rooms, and Buildings. It’s also one of the only ways Simmers can interact with each other in the game. But so far, the gallery has been quite difficult to navigate.
The updated gallery now works more like a social feed, and it’s much more efficient. The new update brings gallery notifications – if you’re a creator, you can see what people are saying about your creation. Following, liking and downloading are at the top level of navigation. Creator names and profile pictures are more visible. Trending hashtags are clickable. Comments are easier to make and see, and the interface makes it easier for players to share building tips and advice. Players can even download and install houses directly from live mode. The gallery redesign gives creative builders the recognition they deserve.
“We’re planning more gallery updates, some big for the end of the year. We think they’re pretty cool, and we have a lot more gallery plans in the years to come,” he said. said Rodiek during a livestream showcasing the new update. “Because we need to port them to console, we need to finish the changes on PC first so we don’t go back and forth.”
Rodiek also teased the arrival of custom thumbnails, and he’s “actively researching” how to deal with “plagiarism” in the gallery. He also revealed “Maxi Monthly,” a show that recaps the Sims news of the month and highlights community creators, begins in September. SimGuru will also launch live streams every two weeks to maintain a better relationship with sims players.
Check out all the other fixes in the July 31 update below.
- You can now move easels in your inventory and drag them live, which means you can paint anywhere in the world! Remember to collect your easel before leaving!
- Removed unnecessary “seams” that appeared when wearing full toddler outfits.
- Sims must now use the nearest Counter to prepare Garden Salads of any serving size.
- Sims must now use the nearest sink to do the dishes.
- Sims now only have to use one Kitchen space to cook a meal, even on lots with multiple kitchens.
Set to work
- The “Ask About Suspect” interaction is now available during an APB event in the Detective Career.
- You can now select a hot and cold weather outfit via the closet.
- Sims who belong to an Infamous Club will no longer get the Intimidated by Fame moodlet while in a Gathering.
- The temperature in the kiddie pool is now consistent with other pools. Sims will gain the “Uncomfortable Chilled” moodlet, but will not immediately start freezing to death.
- Vampires are now protected from the sun when using an umbrella, although that probably betrays things, doesn’t it, Vlad?
- Decorations no longer clip through rooftops when viewing terrain in Free Camera mode.
- Electronic items will now work correctly during rain, assuming they are indoors and under a roof.
- Sims will no longer freeze to death while playing basketball in cold weather. You could say that as a result of their skillful play, they are on fire.
- Father Winter has been banned from all clubs and will no longer appear when adding Sims to a club. Looks like Father Winter was mean.
- Pets will no longer stretch weirdly while Sims are opening presents.
- The Sing Together… interaction is now available on the Kinara, Menorah, and Holiday Trees when a Holiday Tradition is active.
- The Flower Bunny no longer spawns during holidays and random events, which is good because Flower Bunnying is a full-time job and they really slack off.
- Sims with the Responsible Trait now have their daily tasks automatically completed for the Gardening Career. RESPONSIBLE does not quite have the same resonance. Sorry, Aretha.
- Sims who die while skating now die as you would expect them to die. There used to be some quirkiness, but now there isn’t. Just a standard good death.
- Sims would sometimes slip inside while walking TOWARDS a pile of mud, which is silly. They slip and fall now as you would expect.
- Sims disturb their bees less often. We told them to buzz.
- Plants pollinated by bees will now evolve faster, which is how they will be better.
- Facial hair now appears when Hot and Cold weather filters are active.
- Banana trees, palm trees and ferns no longer lose their leaves.
- When using the randomize feature with a dummy, you can now see hot and cold weather options appear.
- We fixed various typos in the scout career. Apparently our scouts didn’t earn the spelling merit badge…
- Handiness Whims is now done when Handy Sims is working on Sprinklers and Weather Controller.
- Vegetarian-safe options purchased from local vendors are now vegetarian-safe.
- Purchasing items from a vendor now contributes to Jungle Explorer Aspiration progress.
Perfect Patio Stuff
- Broken Spark visual effects now disappear after you repair a hot tub.
- Birds will respawn when a bird feeder is placed.
Vintage Glamor Stuff
- The hairdresser should now apply makeup appropriately once again.
- Clothes should no longer disappear after being hung on the Model T clothesline.