How to get Happiness Points in The Sims 4 (and what they’re for)
The Sims 4, one of the most famous life simulation games, is all about character development. The game features a unique satisfaction point system that works similarly to reward points. Happiness Points in The Sims 4 help you control your Sim’s lifestyle and way of life. However, there are not many ways to get these points, which is why many players find it difficult to earn them in the game. With that in mind, we will provide you with the best and easiest ways to get them. ‘obtain Happiness Points in The Sims 4.
How to Get Happiness Points in The Sims 4
Getting satisfaction points in The Sims 4 is not an easy task because it requires you to unlock essential skills, as well as hours of work. There are several ways to get satisfaction points in Sims 4, but we have selected the most effective in this guide:
Whims are random desires or wishes your Sim gets. At the end, players can earn satisfaction points for their efforts. When The Sims 4 was initially released, the Whims option was enabled by default. However, it looks like the option has been disabled for new users due to one of the recent patches.
Follow these steps to activate Whims:
- Open The Sims 4 on your device.
- Navigate to the Game Options.
- Select gameplay on the next screen.
- Now you will see an option to Whims. Click on it and turn it on.
Once you activate it, you will start receiving Whims tasks. Simply complete them to earn in-game satisfaction points.
Aspirations are one of the most reliable ways to earn Happiness Points in The Sims 4. Every sim has an Aspiration, and players can earn Happiness Points each time they complete a task in the Aspiration.
For example, the Bodybuilder Aspiration requires you to train straight for eight hours. After completing the task, you will be rewarded with 50 satisfaction points for your efforts. There is no shortage of aspirations for your Sim, and you can achieve countless of them to reach your satisfaction point goal.
Cheat codes exist in almost every video game, and The Sims 4 is no exception. Here are the steps to get satisfaction points through a cheat code:
- Open the in-game cheat box by pressing Ctrl + SHIFT + C.
- Type “testingcheatson” to enable cheats.
- Now use the format “sims.give_satisfaction_points #” in the cheat box.
- For example, enter the command “sims.give_satisfaction_points 10000” to get 10,000 points.
- Press the enter button and the points will be credited to your account.
What are Sims 4 Happiness Points used for?
After earning Happiness Points, you’re probably wondering what they’re for in-game. Generally, there are two ways to use Happiness Points in The Sims 4:
The best way to spend Happiness Points in The Sims 4 is to purchase potions from the rewards store. These potions temporarily affect the mood of Sims. Here are some examples:
- Potion of Youth: This potion costs 1500 SP and resets the clock to your Sim’s current life stage.
- Confidence Potion: You can buy this potion for 200 SP which gives a very confident mood to the sim.
- Loving Potion: As the name suggests, your sim will be in a seductive mood after using this potion. This potion costs around 200 SP in the in-game store.
Unlike potions, Reward Traits are considered one-time purchases in The Sims 4. Here are some examples:
- Fertile: After buying it for 3000 satisfaction points, the chances of giving birth to twins will improve significantly.
- always welcome: It costs around 500 satisfaction points, and your sim can take a shower at anyone’s place without angering them.
That’s all you need to know about Happiness Points in The Sims 4. For more tips and tricks, be sure to search emagtrends.