Features and how to download
The Sims 4 royalty mod introduces medieval style titles and gameplay to The Sims 4. The mod is a great option for fans looking to recreate their game of thrones fantasies in The Sims. For a full overview of the mod and how to download it to your game, read here.
- Also check out our guide to The Sims 4 Mod Manager if you’re looking for an easy way to organize your mods automatically.
The Sims 4 Royalty Mod: Features
The Sims 4 royalty mod by Llazyneiph, introduces the following gameplay mechanics to the game:
- The “Missing Royal” Aspiration
- The “Monarch” trait
- Assorted monarch and noble titles such as Duke and Earl that you can bestow on other sims.
- Employees for hire for cooking, gardening and other utilitarian tasks.
- Heirs to the throne, who inherit the “Monarch” trait
- Each monarch rules in their home world, which means there is one monarch for each expansion world.
- Jurisdiction of the royal family
- New royalty-themed events include a press conference, coronation, royal audience and royal banquet. In a royal audience, sims in the neighborhood can air their grievances, and the monarch can choose a negative or positive way to resolve their issues. This will impact their reputation depending on what they choose.
- The ‘Monarch of The Land’ quarry (this is a rabbit hole quarry that earns you 500 simoleons an hour plus tax).
- Tax system where your monarch can raise or lower taxes.
- Other court servants such as knights, a court wizard, and a court counselor. These titles can be assigned to the sims of your choice.
- Run animation and interaction.
- Other interactions specific to the royal family
- A peasant and noble class system based on your sim family’s income and household value.
- Peasants can “hunt for food” or gather fruit from the wild for meals.
- Peasant shoes can become damaged if worn excessively, after which they will have to buy another pair.
- The mod comes with build mode furniture such as podium and coronation throne, however, no custom clothing content is included. This means that if you want your royals to watch the game, you might want to look for other custom content.
The Sims 4 Royalty Mod: Missing Royal Aspiration
The new aspiration that comes with the mod is called “Missing Heir”. Aspiration goals are to make your sim become influential by befriending many sims and becoming famous. They must also improve their charisma skills and knowledge about the royal family to uncover the truth about their mysterious heritage.
Once all the objectives have been completed, the sim can hold a press conference where he announces to the world that he is the missing heir. The gameplay is relatively similar to Become famouswhich means paparazzi will show up to greet your sim and take pictures while they talk.
You can become famous by:
- Play an instrument in public
- Win a gaming tournament
- Performing acting scenes in public
- Join the acting career
- Sell paintings or publish books
- Cast spells in public
- Sale of archaeological pieces
- explore space
- Use scientific inventions
- Be an influencer and publish fashion articles.
- By using the ‘testingcheats on’ command, then the famous cheat. (Hold Shift and right click on your sim, select Pack Cheats > Expansion Packs > EP06 Get Famous… > Public Image… > Increase Fame Level).
The Sims 4 Royalty Mod: Requirements
The mod uses the “Get Famous” fame system to determine your popularity as a monarch. This means you will need The Sims 4: Become Famous pack to be able to play with the mod.
Per Llazyneiph’s instructions, you’ll also need the XML and Trait Injector mods, both are linked on their Patreon page here.
The Sims 4 Royalty Mod: How to Download
The Sims 4 Llazyneiph’s royalty mod can be downloaded from their Patreon page here, along with XML and Trait Injector mods.
Once downloaded, be sure to extract the files from the folders and copy them to your mods folder. This is usually found in the following destination:
Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods
Now load your game and enable script mods. To do this, click Options > Game Options > Other > check the box labeled “Scripting Mods Enabled”. Then restart your game and the mods should be available.
- Check out our guide to The Sims 4 Grandma’s Cookbook mod to expand the list of in-game recipes and host the royal banquet of your dreams.